Saturday, January 18, 2014

Celebrities Promoting Electronic Cigarettes?

I don't know how well everyone keeps up with the media and the politics (yes politics) in the electronic cigarette community, but there's turmoil this week over the golden globes. Just a few days ago on Wednesday the Golden Globe Awards was on television as it always is, but this time around there was some controversy.

"Senators Fuming over E-Cigarettes at Golden Globes."



And watching these puppets talk reminds me of the 90's with the war on drugs, but these are the new "drugs" from how they manipulate the topic with scary words and the use of "protecting their children" from such a dangerous thing. Now I'm not going to get all political for I haven't done enough research on any of these senators, but precedence shows us that this is used to gain trust by antagonizing the "unknown."

"Marijuana Legalization proposed in New Mexico Senate.."

"Tax it! Maryland Lawmakers try to Legalize Marijuana Again.."

"US-OH Medical Marijuana: Will Ohio be Next to Legalize?"




Back to the Point at Hand..


Well it's kinda obvious we're not so worried about the war on drugs anymore, so who else can we point fingers at and make them look beneath us?


People like you and me who are just trying to kick a deadly habit by switching to electronic cigarette instead of analog cigarettes. This INCLUDES celebrities! Yeah some celebrities are trying to kick the habit as well, let's take Leonardo DiCaprio for an example..



Chain smoking like a chimney, but now we see him at the Golden Globe Awards using an electronic cigarette? More power to him! He's making the switch just like the rest of us...I don't see him advertising for us, or any other electronic cigarette company (though I wish he would) so how is he promoting the electronic cigarette?

Okay, that's fine and dandy but what about the children? The population of electronic cigarettes used by teenagers in high school has doubled since 2012! Alright I'm 23, and I was one of those high school teenagers hiding in the most secretive bathroom in the entire school to smoke a cigarette and ease my mind. I smoked cigarettes at a young age but it's not because I could but it at the store because I obviously couldn't. It was because it was what I was around, and the people I surrounded myself with. Don't blame the electronic cigarette company for your kid picking up a smoking habit, either blame your parenting or their friends and the society that surrounds them. 

With that said, I'm not condoning the sale to minors, at O2 Easy we won't sell them any of our products unless they're 18 and over with a valid drivers license. What I'm saying is it's going to happen whether the electronic cigarette exists or not. So why not the healthier alternative?

You wanna play that game Big Brother?



Well there's the older generation, now let's look at the "Kids,"



This young man is 21-22 so he's shortly out of high school and he's recommending these to anyone. He has a heart murmur and was still smoking "analog" cigarettes, not only that but menthol New Port 100's. So this touches up on what I mentioned before. 

So to summarize everything I just mentioned, it's always the same conclusion. The "big corporations" are misleading and misguiding people with either false or old information so they can keep people on the analog cigarettes. Here's a link to another blog touching up on such thing. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/legislation-news/363710-us-senators-ties-big-pharma-anti-smoking-legislation.html


They really make it seem like we're some drugdealers when we're just trying to help people get off the things that have ruined our lives, our wallets, and above all our health.


Vape On Fellow Vapers!


No comments:

Post a Comment